Seaweed Health Foundation / Events / Nutritious Food Seaweed Bristol Nutritious Food Seaweed, Bristol
Penny Brohn Cancer Centre, Bristol
Fri 3 Nov 2017 @ 10:00 to Fri 3 Nov 2017 @ 17:00
Nutritious Food Seaweed is a workshop for healthcare practitioners and interested consumers.
It is a Seaweed Health Foundation joint event with Victoria Kubiak and the Penny Brohn Cancer Centre.
For more details call 01444 400403 or email email@example.com
Place: According to numbers either the Garden Room or smaller meeting room and cook demo room
Numbers: 25 and 30
Breaks and lunch: Lunch for participants and drinks/nuts/biscuits in two short breaks during the day.
The cost of lunch is included in the course fee.
10.30 to 11.45
- Commonly eaten seaweeds in the British Isles and Nordic region
- Worldwide historical and modern uses
- Seaweed nutrition research over the past decade
- Speciic health studies and benefits
- Work of the Seaweed Health Foundation
11.45 to 12.00
12.05 to 1.15
Cookery demonstration... using Seagreens® wild Wrack seaweeds and others
- Soup using Seagreens granules and Salad & Condiment
- Wakame Waldorf Salad using dried Wakame
- Grain dish (probably Quinoa) using Seagreens® Salad & Condiment
- Chocolate brownies using Seagreens® Salad & Condiment
- Atlantic Kitchen Sea Spagetti with Vegetables
1.15 to 2.15
2.15 to 3.00
- How are Seagreens® and other seaweeds harvested?
- Key factors in producing Nutritious Food Seaweed
- What to know about Standards and Certification
3.15 to 3.45
- PB Energy balls using semi-dried dulce
- Yoghurt pudding using Seagreens® Salad & Condiment
Summary of the day
3.55 to 4.30
Opportunity to break, share the afternoon treats / Q&As and network.
Become a Friend or donate
The interest and contribution of individuals, companies and other organisations through annual subscription or donation is welcomed.
Friends receive notification of events, discounted access to services, and a newsletter as well as access to restricted resources.
Using their password, Friends can view other Friends profiles, enabling networking.
Individuals, businesses and organisations connected with or interested in the production, consumption and health benefits of nutritious food seaweed are invited to become Friends of the Foundation and donate or subscribe on a short or long term basis.
Your contribution is of vital importance to the development of a healthy, environmentally sustainable and worthwhile industry which, managed with integrity, can benefit humanity the world over.